Thursday 22 October 2009

Kalgoorlie Drive Trip (No. 6)

My PC was broken...
I cannot write in Japanese. 泣
(I am using Salih-chan's PC)


I wrote yesterday that I would write about
night tale. But in fact, it is just a night chat. えへ


It is quite common for Turkish people to chat
over many cups of tea with some sweets or fruits
until very late at night.


So we sat around tea table at 9pm.


First topic was about their older kid Koray.
He is in the first year at elementary school.
But he can already read any book speedy
because he has kept reading one book 本
a day since entering kindergarden.


I was shocked by this advanced education.
When I look back my 5 years old days,
I was still struggling to remember Chinese
characters(Kanji) and far from the level to
finish one book daily.


In Japan I have an impression that younger
generation are taught lower and easier level
because of government's foolish YUTORI
education system.


I hope someday Japan will re-gain the honour
as highest educated in the world and smart people.
(We were before, right?)


Then topic moved to where to retire when
we get old.


Erkan(husband) and Nadea(wife) had totally
opposite idea.


Erkan definitely wanted to retire his hometown
in Turkey. He a kind of misses Turkish people and food.


On the other side, Nadea never wanted to go back
to Turkey. She insisted to remain in Australia
or even America(they were living in America before
together. Koray was born there so he has US citizenship
and family member also can live there if they want).


It is my guess but is there anything similar battle
in Turkey between bride and mother-in-law?


As far as I saw when I traveled Turkey last year,
married women are very hard working and obedient.
It remainded me of mothers in the old time in Japan,
maybe our grandmother's generation.
They must be under very hard condition,
sometimes mother-in-law can be very harsh
and mean to bride.


Compared to it, married women in Australia seem
more enjoying freedom not bothered by family and
relatives much.


Me? I would like to retire either in Japan or Monaco.
Japan is the best country to live blessed with
high-tech lifestyle and amazing customer service.
Quite trustful products. I cannot expect any better
life either in Australia nor Europe.


But then why Monaco?
Because... it's almost tax free country!! クラッカー
When I was living in Japan, I always thought
tax deduction was too much without any promise
to receive pension. And inheritance and asset
tax is also high.
And I like high security country and Monaco is.


I am getting sleepy so I end here for today.


Sweet dream to you! 星空 流れ星


No comments: