Saturday 24 October 2009

First BBQ (No.1)

Good evening, how was your Friday? ワイン


Last Sunday, I held first BBQ party at my house.


My husband Salih-chan wanted to invite Marek.
He is from Polland.


He and Salih-chan were working together at
previous company. When Salih-chan was
transferred to London, he left company and
joined the current one. He was promoted as
manager and had a little bit influence in the
company.


When Salih-chan was fired and came
back to Perth, he was worried about Salih-chan
and recomneded Salih-chan to other colleague
and Salih-chan luckily got a job in the same company
as Marek.


Our everyday peaceful life wouldn't exist without his
kind help. So we decided to make him the first one to
invite to our home.


It was the first BBQ experience for me as a hostess.
But there's not much to do for me because Salih-chan
took part in preparing and grilling meat and vegetable.


All I needed to do was just to prepare appetizer and salad.
BBQ is great way to reduce wife's burdon. I like it! 合格 キャハハ


I made as appetizer,


Melon and pros chute(Italian ham)
Basil & mozzarella & tomato on cracker


How easy to prepare!! ヒョイッ


and cucumber & paprika & tomato salad
(No cooking involved, just cut and put on the plate 音譜)


We bought BBQ using charcoal because gas BBQ doesn't
taste as good as charcoal.


Oh, I made Sangria too.
I cut apple, orange and banana(plus little bit of honey)
and put in the red wine and left in the fridge overnight.


This Sagria brought pleasant result.


Marek's wife Margaret (she is also from Polland)
was Spanish teacher in Polland and also teaching
in University's language course in Australia too.
So she is familiar with Spanish culture and food.
She instantly recognized what I made as Sangria
and she was very happy drinking it.


They brought Gorgeous flower and nice wine.






無国籍、多国籍?な日々






Wine was from Margaret river (it is Western Australian local wine)
And I believe she picked one with the her name on it! GoodJob


Next time will be about conversation with them.


Have a lovely weekned and good rest.


Ciao! 薔薇

No comments: